Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Letting Go


Let me start off by telling you all how excited I was to find out the sex of this little baby in my belly. Of course I was anxious to know what we would be adding to our family, but another reason for my excitement was because I was finally ready to get rid of old stuff. No matter what this baby turned out to be I was fully ready to get rid of EVERYTHING belonging to the opposite sex. Turns out that is easier said then done. For some reason it is just killing me to think of letting all of this little girl stuff go. The preemie clothes that nearly drowned my little Cali, and all of the cute little things that only she has had a chance to wear. I know, I know, it's been 5 years so it's really time for me to get over it. Besides, this stuff is doing nobody any good packed away in these bins. But every little outfit I pull out I picture how precious she was wearing it! I have a feeling I would be going through these same emotions getting rid of my boys stuff too. I guess it's just coming to terms with the fact that the days of "starting a family" are coming to an end, and I am now entering the phase of "raising a family." There's a frightening thought.

2 comments:

  1. Feel free to send those girl clothes my way...donations are always accepted here! Can't wait to see little Kwinton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki I sooo know how you feel. I had a very hard time letting Sierra's stuff go but I am now having such a hard time letting go of my boys stuff. Especially Sammy's. I think you put it exactly the way it is. The start of another phase in our lives and letting go of a phase that's been hard yet so rewarding. Thanks for this post--I'm glad to know I'm not completely crazy!

    ReplyDelete