Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Grandma Andersen

I just wanted to post a few pictures from Kwinton's grandmas funeral service. As I have said before Kwinton's grandma lived to be 101. She was without a doubt one of the most amazing people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She passed away on May 15th.


Kwinton, Gabe and Cali going into the church.


These were some pictures that were set out of Lilly. You can't see the one on the left very well but I LOVE IT. I am going to need to find me a copy of it.

This was a blown up family tree starting with Lilly and going BACK 10 generations. This was her lifes work. She worked on genealogy for years and years until her eyes got bad enough that she could no longer do the work.

I hope you can click on this picture and read this paper. It was laid out on a table at the service along with boxes of temple card which Lilly did all of the research for.

These boxes!!!! AMAZING!! The picture really doesn't do it justice. There were thousands of cards.

This is a picture of all of Lilly's children 5 boys and 1 girl (Kathy). Kathy is my mommy-in-law.

The kids did really good at the service,
Gabriel is the only one that really understood the whole situation. He had a few rough days dealing with the death of his Grandma. It has been interesting to watch Gabe go through the experience of getting baptized last month and then the passing of his grandma. I think he is starting to understand Gods plan. I am so blessed to have such good children in my life. It is so amazing to see your children make the right choices and really want to do their best to follow Gods plan. At least it makes me feel like I am doing something right.

1 comment:

  1. Small world my friend who was staying with me that week Lilly is also her grandma! Well her great-grandma. Her grandpa is the oldest son. When I saw your blog I couldn't believe it. That is the reason she had to cut her visit to Arizona short she wanted to be back in time for Grandma Anderson's funeral. I'm very close to the family although I've met Grandpa Anderson a long time ago I've only heard the amazing stories of his mom!

    ReplyDelete