Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Family Tradition!!!

The 24th of July is by far one of my favorite holidays. Summer heat, good food, family, friends, horse shoes, playing in the creek, parades. I have spent every 24th of July weekend that I can remember at my families cabin . From the time I was a kid up until raising kids of my own.
This year did not disappoint! Although being 8 months pregnant wasn't the ideal way of spending the weekend it turned out to be GREAT! I got to relax the weekend away while watching the kids play. Everyone was super helpful with my kids and of course Kwinton was there to take care of everything.


We got there Thursday evening and dad started on a few projects. (With Cole's help)

Apparently Cole had a few last minute phone calls to make.

The guys got up Friday morning and started setting up the BROKEN canopy. Thinking that with enough man power the could get it up.

That right folks it is being held together with sticks and duct tape. (Who in there right mind would sit under this death trap?)

This is the moment that they admit their defeat and decide to put up the BRAND NEW canopy that Kwinton brought up instead.

The rest of Friday the kids spent in the creek going down the "water ride" that the dads always build for them. This year Les got up there early and spend countless hours moving rocks and building a damn. It turned out great!

A ride on the alligator!

A ride in the pirate ship!

A ride on the tube!

Sierra had just fallen off the alligator. But Samuel was enjoying himself!

Go Emma!

Jarom was catching little tadpoles in a cup.

A little help through the deep water.

I'm not sure what he's doing, but he sure is cute.

Time to dry off.


Saturday morning the kids got dressed up for the parade!

The theme this year was Wild West!

I realize this is sideways, but if you think that I have any clue how to turn it the right way then you don't know me very well. Just tilt you head!

The boys were all sheriffs.

Look at what we've created.

This here is the finest parade you will ever go to. It last about two minutes start to finish, you come out with a few treats, and it has the cutes kids you'll ever see. That is my kind of parade!!

The kids all decorated their own bikes Friday night.

Cali and Hannah were a little slow but they made sure to stop and throw me some candy!

Cole walked right over and handed me some candy, he must know I don't like to bend over right now!

Grandpa always has to wear some ridiculous outfit. I love it!

The kids played games and won prizes!

Sherrie made these cute wanted posters that were hanging all around in the trees.

And last but not least Kwinton took second place in the horseshoe tournament. He was beat by my cousin Les. This isn't the first time Kwinton has taken second place to Les. I think we have a rivalry brewing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment